With the intention of keeping businesses open and employees safe, the Government of BC has launched Safe Screen BC, to begin enabling businesses to access rapid antigen tests.
Organized in partnership with the Ministry of Health and the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Safe Screen B.C. will guide businesses through the required application process for provincially available test-kits and support businesses in the set-up of onsite rapid workplace screening programs for employees.
- Program Eligibility
- Safe Screen B.C. supports businesses interested in offering voluntary screening for employees without symptoms in close contact settings. Participating businesses will be asked to contribute a fee to cover the cost of the services provided by the Safe Screen B.C. program which include: tailored support services to apply for test kits, access to a custom-designed reporting solution, and access to training resources and additional support services to assist businesses with the implementation of onsite rapid screening. Test kits are provided free of charge by the province via Health Canada Rapid Screening Program for employers COVID-19 rapid testing and screening in workplaces: What employers should know – Canada.ca
- Organizations that classify as long-term care, not for profit or are in the education sector are not eligible for this program.
- Program Costs
- While test kits are provided free of charge by the province, participating businesses are asked to contribute a one-time fee to cover the cost of the services provided by Safe Screen B.C. program. The program fee is determined based on the size of the company. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Safe Screen B.C. participants will have access to:
- Safe Screen B.C. toolkit
- Tools and resources for businesses to set up and execute rapid screening in the workplace, including template operating procedures, site plans, quick reference sheets and checklists
- Support and guidance
- Tailored support to apply for test kits and set up an onsite employee rapid screening program
- Streamlined reporting software
- A user-friendly reporting solution for managing Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) reporting requirements
- Employee FAQ library
- A library of employee FAQ templates for common rapid screening questions
- Readiness training
- Facilitated virtual training sessions on how to fulfill application criteria and execute rapid screening
- How to sign-up for the information session
- Businesses interested in Safe Screen B.C. can attend an information session through this registration link.
- Safe Screen B.C. toolkit
Safe Screen BC Quick-Links: