The British Columbia Hotel Association (BCHA) and Tourism Industry Association of BC (TIABC) are pleased to share the winners of the 2022 BC Tourism & Hospitality Awards. The winners were announced during the 2022 Awards Gala on March 10, presented by Indigenous Tourism BC.
Nine awards were given out that recognize and celebrate excellence within British Columbia’s tourism & hospitality industry. We acknowledge and salute all finalists for their outstanding contribution, remarkable leadership, and for raising the bar for our industry.
Accessibility Award | Sponsored by Destination British Columbia
- WINNER | Kootenay Adaptive Sport Association
- Finalist | Museum of Surrey
- Finalist | BC Wildlife Park Kamloops
Businesswoman of the Year Award | Sponsored by Prince of Whales
- WINNER | Teara Fraser | Founder and Lead Executive, Iskwew Air
- Finalist | Marion Harper Treskin | Dual Property General Manager, JW Marriott Parq Vancouver & The DOUGLAS, Autograph Collection
- Finalist | Nancy Arsenault | Managing Partner, Tourism Cafe
Community Contribution & Impact Award | Sponsored by FortisBC
- WINNER | British Columbia Tourism Resiliency Network
- Finalist | Small Ship Tour Operators Association of BC
- Finalist | Fraser Valley DMO Group
Employees First Award | Sponsored by go2HR
- WINNER | Accent Inns & Hotel Zed
- Finalist | GolfBC Group
Hotelier of the Year | Sponsored by BCDMOA
- WINNER | David Rooper | General Manager, Old House Hotel & Spa
- Finalist | Madone Pelan | General Manager, The Oak Bay Beach Hotel
- Finalist | Marion Harper Treskin | Dual Property General Manager, JW Marriott Parq Vancouver and The DOUGLAS, Autograph Collection
Indigenous Operator of the Year Award | Sponsored by Indigenous Tourism Canada and Indigenous Tourism BC
- WINNER | Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Finalist | Gulf Island Seaplanes
- Finalist | Quaaout Lodge & Talking Rock Resort
Innovation Award | Sponsored by City of Richmond
- WINNER | Malahat SkyWalk
- Finalist | Wine Growers British Columbia
- Finalist | SKY Helicopters Inc.
Professional Excellence (DMO) Award | Sponsored by Destination Think!
- WINNER | Tourism Revelstoke
- Finalist | Travel Penticton
- Finalist | Tourism Hope, Cascades & Canyons
Sustainability Award | Sponsored by Nanaimo Airport
- WINNER | Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort
- Finalist | Bella Coola Heli Sports
- Finalist | The Parkside Hotel & Spa
Congratulations to all winners and finalists and thank you for setting an exceptional example for our industry!