On January 7, 2022, B.C.’s provincial health officer verbally announced an order requiring employers to re-activate their COVID-19 safety plans. This new order replaces the previous requirement for employers to have communicable disease prevention plans and does not have an expiration date.
View Official Order.
The order requires COVID-19 Safety Plans to incorporate some expanded and new controls, including:
- Indoor common area protocols to prevent workers from congregating
- face coverings used in indoor common areas
- lunch area/break room protocols
- Policies to support workers who have symptoms of a communicable disease
- to avoid the workplace
- when symptoms present in the workplace
- work from home options
- self-isolation and monitoring
- Measures to promote hand hygiene
- handwashing and sanitizing
- Measures to keep the workplace environment safe
- cleaning and sanitizing
- ventilation and air circulation
- Measures to support workers receiving vaccinations for COVID-19
Your new and improved COVID-19 Safety Plan must be communicated and maintained by:
- Posting a copy of the COVID-19 safety plan on your website for staff, visitors, and the public to view.
- Providing a copy of the COVID-19 safety plan to a health officer or WorkSafeBC officer upon request.
- Reviewing and updating the plan periodically to ensure adequate prevention measures are being followed, according to WorkSafeBC requirements and the current COVID-19 public health situation.
go2HR’s COVID-19 Safety Plan Review Service and Resourcesgo2HR is offering a complimentary COVID-19 Safety Plan Review Service to B.C.’s tourism and hospitality employers.
Register for Safety Plan Review →
If you have questions about these COVID-19 control measures or how to update your COVID-19 safety plan, health and safety experts are available to assist. Contact go2HR at 604-633-9787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional ResourcesFor other templates, signage, guidelines, and business support visit: